wird verwaltet von H. Raven
AHC is a Dutch organisation focussing on sustainable community development in Cambodia.
In 2004 AHC build a pre-school in Anlong Khong, a small Cambodian community outside Phnom Penh.
In 2008 AHC coordinated the following community development projects in this village:
- improvement of rain water management. Villagers and Dutch volunteers dug new waterways in the village to stop the flooding.
- installation of a garbage collection system. 2 new appointed garbage men receive a salary, materials and a micro credit for a moto. Villagers and volunteers also made new garbage bins.
- a former MT provides free medical help in the village.
- 55 people found a job making fair trade paper mache toys for an American importer.
- 4 enthusiastic young Cambodians found a job and training in AHC's non-profit shop/restaurant Aw'-kun Shop+Help in Phnom Penh
- via Aw'-kun Shop + Help and the webshop (www.shopandhelpcambodia.com) AHC found a way to raise funds and simultaneously market the beautiful products made by villagers from Anlong Khong and other local NGO's.
- coordination of an exchange program with Dutch teenagers, making them experience what it means to do development work.
- make a start with organising the village, helping them set up a community committee and become more self-reliant and stronger as a community.
High on the wish-list for 2009 are English Lessons for the teenagers in the village, follow up on the hygiene project, the community committee and legal rights training.
Thank you for your donations.
With the collected funds we will buy teaching materials for our pre-school. Like pens, books and posters.Thanks you for your help!
A donation amount of €37.00 was requested for the following needs:Start up costs €37.00