managed by M. Fieweger
Casa Palabra y Pueblo ("House of the Word and the People") is a Non-profit foundation in the Intag region of Ecuador. Our work combines the fields of media, information, alternative education and library work. Many of these are available in Intag in some form, but often only in select areas, therefore our work focuses on increasing the accessibility of these fields as well as the quality.
The offices of Casa Palabra y Pueblo are located in Apuela, a population center for the region that hosts offices for many organizations that work in the region of Intag. In our building we have an internet café, the library collection, a documentation center that preserves works written about Intag, and a Ludoteca, a space with toys where we host activities for children to learn through play. The construction of the third floor is pending, but when it is completed it will have living spaces for short-term volunteers and a meeting room.
Our objectives as a foundation are:
• Produce media about issues concerning Intag that feature the voices and ideas of residents of the zone
• Preserve the history of the region through books featuring the life stories of lifelong residents of Intag
• Promote early childhood development with alternative education activities
• Stimulate reading and self-guided learning by providing books and internet access
• Encourage exchange of ideas with workshops on a variety of topics
• Facilitate access to information about Intag for journalists, scientists, and community members
• Support the development of community organizations and provide a meeting space
Wir möchten ein neues Aufnahmegerät für unser Radioprojekt "Mundo Mágico" kaufen und wir benutzen das um Geld um Koch-, Schwimmkurse, Fahrtkosten oder Ähnliches zu finanzieren, denn im März werden wir ein Ferienprogramm fúr die Schulkinder zusammenstellen. Den Kindern sollen dadurch neue Perspektiven eröffnet werden, da sie sonst nicht die Möglichkeit haben sich in anderen Bereichen weiterzubilden.
Es wurden 207,00 € Spendengelder für folgende Bedarfe beantragt:Build a Brighter Future 207,00 €