wird verwaltet von L. Tushemereirwe
Child Aid Uganda (CHAU) is a registered Non-governmental and not for profit Organization that was established in 2004 by a group of Ugandan children's rights activists and professionals in response to the ever increasing needs of HIV and AIDS orphans. Child Aid Uganda was established to protect, bring care; love and compassion to enable orphans and other vulnerable children to enjoy their rights, live their full potential and achieve a purposeful future.
Mission: To work with and through individuals, families, communities and local governments to contribute to the fundamental freedoms and basic needs of orphans and other vulnerable children. Children are thus assisted to live their full potential, shape their own future and contribute to the development of their communities.
VISION: A Ugandan Society where orphans and other vulnerable children enjoy their rights and live to their full potential as set out in the UN convention on rights of the child, African Charter on the rights and welfare of the child, Uganda Children’s Act (2004) as well as the constitution of the Republic of Uganda
1. To promote, advocate and defend the rights of orphans and other vulnerable children and care for the environment in which they live.
2. To improve survival, health and well-being of the orphans and other vulnerable children and their families.
3. To reduce household income poverty among the orphans and other vulnerable children and their families.
4. To improve food availability and accessibility for vulnerable families at household level.
5. To increase access to equitable and quality education among orphans and other vulnerable children.
6. To strengthen the organizational capacity for effective management and implementation of the programs.
7. To conduct situational analysis on the state and nature of child abuse and periodically publish the findings for exchange of research information on the problems affecting children.