wird verwaltet von M. WANGOLA (Kommunikation)
Vision for the Aged Uganda is a Non Governmental Organization ,Non Profit making, Non Partisan Charitable organization founded in October 2007 to work for the plight and preservation of the dignity of older persons in Uganda formed by 12 members from six sub counties of West budama county namely: Petta, Paya, Nagongera, Kisoko, Kirewa and Mulanda. However, we have extended the services to the rest of the District. The members had in mind that the Aging population in the World is growing very rapidly and that there is very weak infrastructure put in place to address their concerns and needs of that group and also the loss of productive age group as a result of HIV /AIDS.
It is registered with Tororo District Local Government Community Based Department under Certificate Number Y/T 40206 .It is also registered as Non Governmental Organization under Certificate Number 7272. S. 5914 / 7792 with the NGO Board.
Its Motto is Where There is no vision people perish (Proverbs 29:18)
It has its Head office at Nagongera Town Council a long Nagongera Busolwe Road Tororo District.
A transformed society where older persons and children under their care are Recognized, Economically productive, Healthy , Empowered to manage and Sustain their own livelihood.
To contributes to the empowerment of older persons aged 60 years + and other vulnerable groups under their care to efficiently and effectively participate in the development of their own livelihood.
To support Household to provide holistic care through mobilization of resources from local and International funding agencies.
WHY ARE OLDER PERSONS AMONG THE CHRONICALLY POOR
• Older persons care and Support Development
• HIV / AIDS and Spiritual Support Development
• Health and Environment
• OVCs support Development
• Social Economic Security
• Food and Nutritional Security
• Care and Support
• Health and Environment
• Protection and Legal support
• Psychosocial and Spiritual Support
• Educational Support
MAIN PROJECT ACTIVITIES
• Creation of awareness about the situation of the older persons to the public
• Sensitization of older persons on issues of positive Aging.
• Development of Memory and Will books
• Promotion of food and income security
• Strengthening Capacity of caregivers.
• Educational Support to school going age
• Provision of Psychosocial and emotional support.
• Lobbying and Advocacy.
• Publications and Counseling
• Reaching the Aged with Gods word
• Helping old persons to form CBOs to lobby for support.
• Protection of Environment / Tree planting
• Shelter support to the most vulnerable older Persons
• Provision of educational support for the most needy grand Children / Orphans
• Training of community Health promoters and Education of both older persons and their caregivers on Primary Health care promotion and HIV/ AIDS Prevention
• Networking with other NGOs with similar Vision
• Monitoring and Evaluation
MAIN CHALLENGES FACING OLDER PERSON
• Lack of information on the rights and available opportunities and services for the Aged and children under their care
• Neglect, Abuse and Violence.
• Poor Health and lack of Psychosocial Support
• HIV/ AIDS
• Poor Shelter
• Lack of clean water
• Lack of Food and Nutritional support
• Poor Family structure and Relationship
• Poor access to Pension for government workers.