The Alliance of Muslim Women in Germany (AmF) was founded in 2009 and is the largest Muslim women's organization in Germany, working independent form political and religious associations. Our main task is to represent the interests of Muslim women in politics, the German public and within the Muslim community. In addition to political education offers, we offer advice in cases of discrimination and promote the dismantling of structural hurdles, especially in the field of education and access to the labor market. Part of our work takes place within the framework of funded projects, but we are highly depending on voluntarily work and private donations.
Activities provided by voluntary service:
- We write position papers and analyses on issues that affect the equality of Muslim women.
- We consult discriminated Muslim women with regard to the legal situation.
- We provide advocacy for Muslim women rights in cooperation with other NGOs.
- We offer our members a platform for internal exchange. (which is currently supported by the Robert Bosch Foundation till the end of 2021)
With more funding, we would
- Create more detailed informative literature to reduce discrimination of Muslim women (and their families) in labor market and in education system
- expand the professional and cultural networking of Muslim woman
- make expertise of Muslim women and activities of our association work more visible. We are very different women, with diverse histories, diverse religious and political views, and diverse interests. We want to show this diversity inside our community, but also what