In order to be able to plan for the long term and to give many children a sustainable perspective through sport, we would like to join forces with many handball players, athletes and our fans to collect donations through your birthdays. #birthdaydonation
PLAY HANDBALL is a Youth Development Non-for-Profit Organisation which focuses on the team-sport handball in South Africa, Kenya, Germany and beyond. Handball is our tool to empower, to teach life skills, to promote education and create opportunities for social growth for the individual and the community.
By teaching valuable life skills and building social sports structures, we want to contribute to a world where young people have the skills to shape a positive and peaceful future for themselves and others. We give children and young people the opportunity to experience enjoyment, team spirit and healthy competition. This develops their self-esteem and sense of responsibility.
Give positive experiences & belonging
- We enable handball afternoon programs at disadvantaged schools through training and volunteers. (in three communities in Kenya with 260 children and in eight communities in South Africa with up to 600 children)
- We organise the Play Handball Super Cup, the first Handball & Education Tournament against climate change (Since 2016 over 1400 children have participated in eight tournaments)
Promote education & personal development
- We develop Education programs for handball & social skills (e.g. Play Fair for Environment Manual)
- We give workshops (over 600 participants in 27 workshops)
Finance sustainable sports structures & social growth
- We support local youth organisations in building up their own sports structures with sports equipment (We currently support eight partner communities in South Africa and three in Kenya)
Help us to give more children & young people a perspective with and through handball.
If you are interested in what else Play Handball is doing, here you can find more information:
* Website: www.play-handball.org
#playhandball #phza #phke