The Green Forest Fund (GFF) is a young non-profit registered association based in Heidelberg, Germany. Our aim is to make a sustainable, local and transparent contribution to the protection of the climate and the domestic species.
We are a non-profit organization and we want to preserve the natural foundations of life for humans, animals and plants. We want to make a contribution to the protection of the environment, biodiversity and CO2 absorption according to the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
The German writer and poet Erich Kästner knew: „Es gibt nichts Gutes – außer man tut es“: Nothing good happens unless we do it. So, let’s become active and start by planting a tree. Or lots of them. Because our trees are allowed to grow until the end of their natural lives. It is an easy calculation: A tree can absorb roughly 3 tons of CO2 in the course of its life. This is about the same amount of CO2 that every one of us emits in three months’ time. Planting four trees each year will therefore compensate for our personal carbon footprint on average. This is why trees are one of the easiest and most effective tools against climate change. The prerequisite, however, is that these trees are allowed to grow without being disturbed to reach their natural age.
This is our mission! We acquire suitable land where we plant trees that won’t serve any primary economic purpose. They are allowed to grow to a natural forest ecosystem that offers a home to many different animals and plants, that improves air quality and fights climate change effectively. Just the way nature arranged it. In order to optimize biodiversity, we additionally create spaces for bee hives and nectar source plants to provide new living spaces for pollinating insects.
WHAT WE STAND FOR:
- We plant new forests – the ancient forests of tomorrow.
- We create intact ecosystems as a “green lung” for our planet.
- We create living spaces for plants and animals.
- We guarantee lifelong tree growth without wood harvesting
- We do not operate forestry but reforestation.
- We plant trees in Germany – feel free to visit us.
- We purchase the land we plant the trees on in order to guarantee for their lifelong growth.
- We cooperate with nature conservation groups in order to achieve the best arrangements for new ecosystems.
- We work for greater biodiversity.
- We create nectar sources for bees and look after them.
- We enable transparency by communicating the location of our activities.
- We want to contribute to the goals of the Paris Agreement