Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your

"Moving Art" with kids in Peru

mancora, Peru

"Moving Art" with kids in Peru

mancora, Peru

With your donation you support my voluntary service as an art therapist at a Peruvian school for children with and without disabilities.

Smaida B. from Welthaus Bielefeld e.V. | 
Write a message

About this project

Dear friends,
dear supporters of my voluntary service,

So far it has remained a dream for me to live longer abroad and to immerse myself in cultures outside Europe. That's why I've now decided to volunteer worldwide and I'm very excited about what to expect this year.

From August 2019 to August 2020 I will work in Peru at a school for children with and without disabilities. The school is located in the north of Peru in Mancora and is called "Asociación Por los Niños Especiales Y Otros Divino Niño Jesus".

I am looking forward to the transcultural exchange and the accompanying learning and reflection processes that my new living environment will trigger in me. I see it as a great advantage that, as an art therapist, I bring with me skills that I can use in school.

In 2018 I completed my bachelor's degree in art therapy at the Hochschule für Künste im Sozialen Ottersberg and have already led various art projects. Together with fellow students, I have already carried out a art project at a German school and created an artistic meeting place with a café and gallery, the "Social Club".  The first art-therapeutic project outside Germany was carried out in February this year with another art-therapist in a Cambodian orphanage. 

In addition to my voluntary service, I will create and print a portfolio of my experiences and the art-therapeutic studio in Mancora. I am also planning a high-profile exhibition in Germany. 

The weltwärts programme was realised in 2008 by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The BMZ finances about 75% of the volunteers programme. But for the remaining 25% my sending organisation, the Welthaus Bielefeld e.V. and I are dependent on support.

The total amount of support I am striving for is 2760€.

I will be happy to answer your questions. In addition I give you as sponsors with quarterly reports during the Freiwilligendienstes insights into my work and my new living environment.

Thank you very much for every donation!
Updated at 18. March 2020

This project is also supported on