The project has the aim to empower young people in the field of active participation, decision making and inclusion. The youngsters from Germany and Malawi will learn together, gain skills and exchange ideas. They will discuss the most burning issues of youth in their countries and think about possible solutions through creating own projects.
- To equip young people with necessary skills and competencies for the personal and professional growth to be an active citizen, to be responsible for one's immediate environment and society and active participation.
- To identify problems which young people face and develop an approach to deal with them by sharing best practices and experience through examples of active participation in Germany and Malawi. And further working on personal or group projects which will bring solutions to the existing problems of young people in their communities and to create a positive change.
- To get familiar with the existing realities in the field of human rights and active participation of young people in both countries, SDGs, to get inspiration and attitude for activism, change making and justice.
- The project will ensure strengthened commitment to and understanding of human rights and democracy by young people. As young as democracy is in Malawi, young people will have a fair understanding of the implications of democratic decision-making and respect for human rights – what their rights and duties are, how their freedom is limited by the rights and freedoms of others, and how their rights can affect the rights of others.
- To increase capacity, cooperation and experience of both organizations
- To increase visibility of the organizations´work
- To involve the project participants in the work of the organisations and creating possible future projects with them on the improvement of the situation of young people in the communities and working on SDGs.
- To bring a positive change to the young people, to create meaningful sustainable projects that will change lives and minds of young people.
The working methods for this project are based on the principles of non-formal education meaning learner's centered, skills based, experiential, interactive. We will create the safe space where everyone will feel comfortable and ready to share and to express opinion.
The programme will include simulation exercises, reflections, guided discussions, group work, theoretical
inputs, practical tasks on SDGs (group and individual), movies, brainstormings, study visits and meeting with experts, local authorities, getting to know each other activities, team building, theater, experiments, use of social media, evaluation and many others. After every exercise, game, other experience there will be a debriefing where the participants will reflect on their own learning and make conclusions.