Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

Voluntary Service in South Africa: Support for my project

Port Elisabeth, South Africa

Voluntary Service in South Africa: Support for my project

Fill 100x100 bp1517062381 portrait clara schneider

I will help teachers in South Africa in Port Elizabeth at a school for socially disadvantaged children, help out in the soup kitchen and organize an afternoon program for children.

Clara S. from DRK in Hessen Volunta gGmbHWrite a message

Since the eighth grade, my burning desire is to have a voluntary social year with children in South Africa after graduation. This dream comes true: from August 2018 I am allowed to work with children in a school in Port Elisabeth for one year.

The project Bright Smiles, Bright Futures of the Tehillah Christian Academy is aimed at children and young people from socially disadvantaged families. It wants to contribute to the education and strengthening of civil society. The children receive a daily meal and can also participate in various sports and games offers. The project is part of a Christian educational institution for children between the ages of 3 and 18 years.

I will work in the soup kitchen as well as support the full-time staff in all kind of educational offerings. This includes the preparation of the daily food distribution, the care of the children and various activities, e.g. in the form of tutoring or sports.

I perform my voluntary service under the sponsorship of Volunta (German Red Cross in Hessen). The voluntary service is funded by the "Weltwärts" program of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Unfortunately, the funding only covers about 75% of the costs. Part of my volunteer service is collecting donations to finance the remaining 25%. A significant share has already been donated by my family and friends, but I still hope for some more donations to get the required amount together.

Please help me to realize my dream! Every little donation helps!

Help to spread this project