About Build up Kids
Build Up Kids is a scholarship program that funds school tuition for talented children in the age from 13 to 18 years from Lavender Hill to attend better-resourced high schools. Lavender Hill is home to an abundance of potential. Our goal is to eliminate the financial burden of a quality education for those willing to work towards it.
We want to support the scholarship recipients to become responsible grown-ups. They do not only receive an excellent education, but also learn to set goals for themselves and take actions to achieve them.
Who we are
initiAID e.V. is a non-profit organization and a recognized initiative of Pforzheim University in Germany. To offer a prospect to those in need and to develop and realize sustainable and lasting ideas for projects with our very own abilities are the initial ideas that led to the foundation of the organization. Our members aim to take on responsibility and to make a change for the better by engaging in different project.
Where we are
Most of our projects are located in the townships of Cape Town, in the areas of the poorest population of the South African society.
How we help
Build up Kids aims to break through the cycle of poverty and hopelessness, to offer a future with real prospects to young members of the society.
What we can achieve with your contribution
- We cover for yearly running expenses such as school tuition fees and offer out-of-school care.
- We offer a long-term support to the children.
- We can support the volunteers that secure the progress of the projects in South Africa.
What we promise you
- 100% of your donation go directly to the Build up Kids project.
- You will make a contribution to social responsibility that we are happy to share through our communication channels.
- You will be informed about recent project developments.
Whether you make a one-time donation or contribute regularly to our projects, we are thankful for every kind of support.