Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

Funded Intiwawa e. V. - Construction of a self-financing bakery in Peru

Fill 100x100 bp1513635035 20140410 174353

In order to foster development, the German-Peruvian NGO Intiwawa promotes the establishment of self-financing projects. The organization, therefore, aims at building a small bakery in cooperation with local mothers at the beginning of 2018.

J. Hoffmann from Intiwawa e.V.Write a message

Intiwawa is a German-Peruvian NGO founded in 2007 with the main goal of fighting poverty in the slums around Arequipa, Peru's second largest city. We mainly support the community in San Isidro, a small village on the outskirts of Arequipa. Supported by donations, in 2012 the Casa Intiwawa was built here, in which children are cared for after school by local and international volunteers. The following link gives you a good overview of the Casa Intiwawawa and its activities.
 
http://www.intiwawa.org/de/

In order to foster development in San Isidro, we are always trying to increase the acquisition of donations to secure the ongoing operations and nowadays especially focus on initiating sustainable and self-financing projects.


The project:

In San Isidro, as well as in the surrounding slums, there is currently no possibility for local families to buy bread. For the current project, we are therefore looking for donations that will enable Intiwawa to build a small self-sustaining bakery in the Casa Intiwawa.
                                                           
70% of the donated money will be used for the purchase and construction of a traditional oven and related utensils. Together with the already announced support from local bakers in the wider area, the remaining 30% of the donations will be used to buy relevant ingredients and to introduce five mothers from the village into the baker's trade, to pull them out of the exhausting brick production (main source of income of local families) and thereby offer them a new perspective.
 
The implementation of the project is managed and supervised on site by Leonel Revilla, the founder of Intiwawa, and the current volunteer coordinator.


The timeline:

  • Mid-December to end of January: Betterplace Crowdfunding Initiative 
  • March 2018: Construction of the oven
  • April 2018: Start of the baking apprenticeship & first bread sale
 
From day one of the sale, Intiwawa will generate money for the mothers and our Casa Intiwawa. We expect that the initial costs for this long-term project will be recovered after approximately 12 months.

 
As a donor, you are part of the project and will be regularly informed about the success on site in Peru. By working closely with the Peruvian team, we can guarantee that your donation gets exactly to where it's needed.

Every donation counts and we thank you in advance for your support!

Help to spread this project