The Catholic Biblical Federation (CBF)
is a Catholic world fellowship of international and local organizations committed to the biblical-pastoral ministry.
has been established by the Holy See as a public association of Christ’s faithful. The Federation relates to the Holy See through the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
The Federation’s aim is to be of service to the Bishops in the fulfillment of their responsibility to proclaim the Word of God to all the faithful
. Any Catholic organization engaged in the biblical-pastoral ministry and enjoying ecclesiastical recognition is eligible for membership.
Today, the CBF is represented in 126 countries by 344 members.
In particular, the Catholic Biblical Federation
- the translation, publication and diffusion of the Sacred Scriptures
- the development and use of methods of reading, interpretation and living of the Bible
- the development of forms of pastoral ministry that are solidly founded in the Scriptures
- the development of programs of Biblical pastoral formation
- inter-confessional and ecumenical cooperation in Biblical Pastoral Ministry