Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

School project in India

Fill 100x100 bp1478186433 img 1139

Supporting a school project in India.

L. Ciprian from Deutsch-Indische Zusammenarbeit e. V.Write a message


Hello :) 

Since the end of September I am supporting the "Gyan-Shenbakkam School Project" in India. 
The project was found in 2008 and is offering free Englisch and computer lessons as well as several sports- and fun activities for the children there. 

Most of the children come from families whose parents never received an education. They are not able to help their children with homework or teach them English. 
Also the tuition that is offered by public schools is not as sufficient as it should be. The classes are overcrowded, the number of teachers decreases every year and the facilities in classrooms are broken or do not exist at all. 

I am working with one other volunteer and two tamil teachers with the aim to offer the children an opportunity to a better future and to bring some joy in their daily life. 

The salary for the tamil teachers, the material and my housing here is financed by donations. 
75% of my stay is covered by the German "weltwärts"-programm and the remaining 25% by the German NGO "Deutsch Indische Zusammenarbeit e.V.", which also obtains its funding from donations. However, I still need to raise 1200€ for further support. Thus, I would appreciate your help and would be very thankful for a donation of yours. 

Thank you and kind regards 

Lara 
For further information:
http://www.gyan-shenbakkam.de/

Help to spread this project