Club Alpbach Sofia (IG Sofia) is founded under the umbrella of the European Forum Alpbach (EFA).
EFA is founded in 1945 by Otto Molden.One of the major goals of the forum is to make decision makers and academics from the fields of economics, politics, science and culture meet with students and professionals from all over the world in search for the future leaders of Europe.
Erhard Busek is EFA's President since 2000. He is currently the Special Coordinator of the Stability Pact for Southeast Europe and former Vice-Chancellor of Austria.
Facts and Figures:
• more than 3900 participants from more than 63 countries
• 652 students from more than 44 countries with scholarships from the forum
• 3 weeks of intense seminars and symposiums
Famous participants at the European Forum Alpbach include: Jacques Delors, Romano Prodi, Indira Gandhi, Ban Ki-Moon, Helmut Kohl.
Our main purpose is to support ambitious Bulgarian Students and young professionals with their applications to the forum, including networking and finding them sponsors. We pursue the following goals:
• Supporting the participation of more Bulgarian students in EFA each year
• Promotion of the EFA ideas among students and academics and in the Bulgarian society as a whole through different initiatives such as discussions, symposiums, conferences etc.
The Young European Award
is one of the initiatives of Alpbach Team Europe-IG Sofia with support of the Embassy of the Republic of Austria in Bulgaria and the Bulgarian newspaper „Standart“.
The award contains a scholarship, «European grant Alpbach», and covers the costs for the participation in the EFA.
The goals of this initiative:
• to represent Bulgaria as an active and equal participant in the European integration process
• to give young Bulgarians opportunities to develop their skills in an international and intercultural environment.