Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

Renewable Energies in Tanzania

Kibakwe, Tanzania

Renewable Energies in Tanzania

Fill 100x100 img 5572

In August 2016, I am going to do a voluntary year in Tanzania concerning Renewable Energies with focus on Environmental education. The German-Tanzanian Partnership (DTP) will organize this.

Lukas H. from Deutsch-Tansanische Partnerschaft e.V.Write a message

In August 2016, I am going to do a voluntary year in Tanzania concerning Renewable Energies with focus on Environmental education. The German-Tanzanian Partnership (DTP) will organize this.

Since I was a child I have been interested in the protection of our environment. My special area of interest was the question what everybody can do to save the environment. Soon I recognized it is not just avoiding waste, not just riding a bike instead of driving a car, not just using paper made from recycled cellulose. I understood that also meat production causes global warming and that greenhouse-gas-emissions are also produced by the manufacture of consumer goods.

In a voluntary year in Tanzania, I would like to help saving nature but also to broaden my horizons, e.g. by living in another culture, in another climate and by doing another work as I do at school or university. I have much knowledge and ambition, but I think it is also very important to gain practical experience.

The voluntary project is supported by the German Government but only 75%. The German Tanzanian Partnership is a small NGO with a low budget. To be able to organize Projects like this, the DTP has to collect donations to cover the other 25%.

Help to spread this project

This project is also supported on

Client banner 620x140