The purpose of JOTA-JOTI is to enable and encourage Scouts around the world to communicate with one another, providing a fun and educational Scouting experience and promoting their sense of belonging to a worldwide Scout Movement.
JOTA-JOTI related activities take place simultaneously all around the world each year during the third weekend in October.
* JOTA-JOTI is a fun and exciting experience for young people in Scouting.
* JOTA-JOTI seeks to promote quality Scouting in a manner faithful to the purpose, principles and method of Scouting and consistent with the needs and aspirations of young people in today’s world.
* JOTA-JOTI strives for a meaningful engagement of as many young people from as many parts of the world as possible.
* JOTA-JOTI is an occasion to celebrate Scouting and to generate positive energy to support the development of the Scout Movement.
* Promote Scouts’ sense of belonging to the worldwide Scout Movement.
* Promote peace, cultural awareness, tolerance, sharing, collaboration and to encourage good deeds and active citizenship.
* Provide opportunities for the development of teamwork and leadership skills through patrol-based activities.
* Provide exciting opportunities for young people to explore technology and to develop technical skills.
* Promote innovation and creativity.