Millions of children around the world have been forced from their homes. Some have made the perilous trip across the Mediterranean in search of safety in Europe. Many are forced to flee with just the clothes on their backs. Especially child refugees urgently needs help! Save the Children is on the ground, working around the clock to help child refugees stay safe and healthy.
What we're doing to help child refugees
- We keep children warm by providing warm clothes, blankets and fuel for heating.
- We distribute food, water, blankets and tents to refugee families who have lost everything.
- We make sure that children get vital medical care.
- We reunite lone children with their families and keep them safe from trafficking and exploitation.
- We provide emotional support.
- We set up safe spaces where children can play and mothers can breastfeed.
- We help children get back to into education.