Our fundraiser started on Nov. 22, 2014. For these three months and thanks to your help and support we have managed to vaccinate 200 dogs, buy 340 kg of food, pay for the gas we use for our van and buy some badly needed things to secure and repair dog houses and boxes (nails and hinges). ~Receipts are posted on our fb page, in specially made album dedicated for donations from betterplace site.~
During these three months we have also treated ill dogs, rescued, adopted and lost some as well.
- Pegica is an old granny with heart issues. She had a bad cough, received therapies with inhalation and is doing fine now.
- Little Marko was found with bad injuries / open wounds on his body and after a month of therapies and lots of TLC he recovered well and found a home.
- Meda was rescued from abuse. He was starved and tied with a chain, cable and a rope around his neck. Now he is safe and is up for adoption.
- Bi Bi was rescued after someone alerted us of a dog who was hit by a car and wasn’t able to move. She is still recovering, is doing much better and soon will be ready for adoption.
- Three pups have also been left in front of the shelter’s gate. Two of them found a home and the 3rd one is still waiting to be adopted.
The sad news is that we have lost our Pegi. She came to the shelter in 2004. She was an old lady, very gentle and sweet. She crossed the bridge in her sleep :(
There is no day in our shelter that can be described as ordinary.
Every day is a struggle to secure everything that is needed for 500 dogs and beside that maintain the shelter. We really need your help. No amount is too small.
Bank account for foreign currency:
Titogradska 53, Subotica, Serbia
SWIFT : DBDBRSBG
IBAN : RS35160005400001012292
or via paypal/credit card: https://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/23812-help-shelter-alex-subotica-take-care-of-500-dogs
If you can’t donate, please share. Your little makes a world to them.
Fb page to like and follow: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drustvo-za-zastitu-zivotinja-ALEX/643285729076760