The organization Tierhilfe Spanien e.V. was founded in September 2001 to rescue dogs and cats from Spanish "Perreras" (killing stations) in order to save them from certain death and improve the desolate situation of stray animals in Spain. Stray animals are to be rescued from the street and given the opportunity of a dignified existence. Therefore, our organization supports animal shelters in Spain and promotes local castration projects. We regard ourselves as link between Spain and a new home in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We offer support for:
- Financing and organizing castration projects for animals in and around animal shelters
- Placing dogs and cats into new homes in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and thereby making room for new arrivals.
- Collecting food and material donations
- Organizing sponsorship funds and donations
- Public relations
- Financing further buildout animal shelters, organizing skilled craftsmen aides who help voluntarily and without payment (buildout, animal care)
- Running an organizaiton-owned quarantine station in Issum (Germany), approved by the official veterinary, to guarantee secure transport and have a rescue center for animals transported to Germany.
- Running further shelter-like facilities, approved by the official veterinaries in Munich and Zülpich (Germany). Expert knowledge according to Animal Health and Welfare Act §7.
Tierhilfe Spanien e.V. is recognized as charitable by the tax office Geldern (Germany).