Change the world with your donation

Our partner school in Ghana needs a roof

A project from my Boo Ghana School e.V.
in Gyamase, Ghana

500 students already visit the Yonso Project Model School in Ghana. But the school is still missing a roof so that the building is not damaged by rain. We want to finance this roof before the next big rainy season! Will you help us?

Jonas & Maximilian
Write a message

About this project

THE MY BOO GHANA SCHOOL - AND THE MISSING ROOF

The Yonso Project Model School in Ghana opened in 2019 and provides high-quality education at affordable cost. The demand is great: Wile 200 children were enrolled at the end of 2019 when the school opened, 500 students are now enjoying the opportunity for good education. In a few years, there will be 900 students! (click here to watch a short video about the school.)

The school building has been contiuously expanded since 2019 to create new classrooms. The school has now reached a point where rain is most likely to damage the building and therefore a roof needs to be built. We need your support!

The next rainy season is starting soon and we, the my Boo Ghana School e.V., want to help the school with your support. The goal is to complete the roof before the main rainy season starts in the summer of 2022.

WHAT DOES THE SCHOOL NEED?

In the list above you can see, what kind of materials are needed. The roof construction will be made out of steel and the roof will be covered by aluminum shields. The materials constitute the biggest portion of the cost (86%). The work will be conducted by specialists in Ghana and the remaining 14% of the overall cost cover their salaries. Kwabena Danso, founder of the school and member of our foundation, will supervise and coordinate the activities in Ghana. We already received written quotes from vendors.

The cost of the materials depend on world market prices and unfortunately are subject to high inflation. This is another reason to act quickly!

TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS IN THE US

For donors from the United States of America there is also the possibility to donate to this cause directly through the Yonso Project Incorporated which is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donate through Paypal or send a check.

ABOUT US

Our relationship with Ghana started in 2013. Since then the my Boo GmbH cooperated with the social Yonso Project, which produces Bamboo bikes and E-Bikes in Ghana and supports quality education in the area.

This collaboration allowed for the opening the Yonso Project Model School In 2019. We also founded the my Boo Ghana School e.V. in order to support the school beyond the sales of bamboo bikes. This foundation helps to provide high quality education in the Ashanti region at affordable cost. You can learn more about us at www.mybooghanaschool.de.

About

betterplace.org is the largest German donation platform. Since 2007 we have been helping people, aid organizations and companies to do good. All projects on betterplace.org are non-profit. Since we ourselves also do not work for profit, our platform is free of charge for the projects.
2007founded
12,500non-profit organisations
185m €for a good cause
Initiative Transparente Zivilgesellschaft (Logo)

500 students already visit the Yonso Project Model School in Ghana. But the school is still missing a roof so that the building is not damaged by rain. We want to finance this roof before the next big rainy season! Will you help us?

About this project

Jonas & Maximilian Write a message

What is needed

About

betterplace.org is the largest German donation platform. Since 2007 we have been helping people, aid organizations and companies to do good. All projects on betterplace.org are non-profit. Since we ourselves also do not work for profit, our platform is free of charge for the projects.
2007founded
12,500non-profit organisations
185m €for a good cause
Initiative Transparente Zivilgesellschaft (Logo)