managed by Ramona K. (Communication)
Volunteer Partnerships for West Africa (VPWA) is a volunteer driven non-profit NGO based in Ghana which aims to promote better life opportunities for people in under-privileged communities through better education, health, sanitation and sustainable development.
Our work is based on a collective commitment to support the principles of the UN Global Compact to fulfil the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
We defend an integrated approach to sustainable development which means that our projects aim not only to lift people out of poverty but also to:
• promote education to reduce illiteracy;
• help eradicate the incidence of child labour;
• advance governance, human rights, energy and environmental policies;
• foster capacity building among the under-privileged to fight the threat of poverty through a wide range of micro-finance and entrepreneurship projects;
• fight the spread of HIV/AIDS and other diseases by carrying out awareness raising activities to sensitive communities and policy makers on health-related issues like malaria, HIV-AIDS, tuberculosis and the Buruli Ulcer.
You can support the activities of VPWA by volunteering, partnering your organization with us or donating towards one of our project lines.
For further details, please check our website: http://www.vpwa.org/ or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.