managed by Michael G. (Communication)
Background of organization
Murera Community Empowerment and Support Organization (MCESO) is a community based non profit organization established in the year 2000 with a plight of supporting and empowering orphans and other children through effective and sustainable programs, which will improve their well being and nurture them to become self-reliant adults.
Murera Community Empowerment and Support Organization seeks to empower marginalized orphans and vulnerable children at the local primary schools here in Ruiru district with an aim of developing confidence and self-sustainability as well as equipping them with modern life shaping skills, giving them opportunities to education, health and aid them to become useful citizen. We give hand –in but not hand out,
The vision of organization is to have a well established society where poor, orphans and vulnerable children in local primary schools are empowered to have a quality, education, adequate health and to grow as socially responsible citizen.
The mission of this organization is to mobilize resources and address the survival line problems facing the poorest of the poor, orphans and destitute children in order to improve their living conditions and creating access to a learning facility for the targeted children, hence creating an enabling environment whereby social and cultural integration of the said marginalized and vulnerable will occur, strengthening them through, educational, health, vocational, childcare and other holistic needs.
1. To make a real lasting difference to the lives of children through provision of quality education, shelter and health needs
2. To efficiently respond to the urgent needs of orphans and vulnerable children through offering formal education to them by paying for them school fees, and provision of other scholastic materials like school uniforms and stationery
3. Build capacities of orphans and vulnerable children in Ruiru district holistically.
To reduce the illiteracy levels among the orphans and vulnerable children
4. To equip primary school children with educational facilities that will create a good learning atmosphere for marginalized children
5. To equip primary school children with safe drinking water as well as hygienic sanitation
6. To net work with other organization and development partners with whom we work with.