Humanitarian For Children International
managed by T. Mac Mahon
Humanitarian for Children is an International Organisation registered in France, whose main aim is to improve the supply of basic needs to orphans. Our principal objective is to build and restore orphanages in the poorest areas in developing countries, offer a comfortable home to orphans, provide childhood education to combat illiteracy, and assist in health issues and psycho-social rehabilitation.
• Creating an orphanage in Kenya
Our current project is to create, in collaboration with a Kenyan NGO, Globcom, an orphanage in Awelo village, Siaya District, Nyanza province, Kenya.
For the past 5 years, our partner Globcom has been working to fight Malaria and HIV/AIDS in Kenya.
During this period, Globcom observed that a large number of children have been living in a difficult environment i.e. malnourished, out of school, living in the streets or working in order to take care of their ailing parents.
Information on the region
Siaya district is one of the 12 districts in the province of Nyanza in Kenya, close to lake Victoria. The population is mainly constituted of Luo, an ethnic tribe of the region.
- The estimated population is 520 697
- In this region 65% of the population lives under the poverty line.
- 24% of the population are infected by HIV
- 32% of the children are orphans
- Up to a total of 20 000 orphans need urgent help!
• Construction of another building/house for the orphanage
• Creating a water system
• Education for the children
• Creation of a vocational centre
• Creating a study library
• Assisting in Health issues
• Recruiting and remunerating 10 employees for the orphanage
Latest project news
I triggered a payout for these needs:
Dear Better place,
The payout will go into the Ayofo house children's education fund. That will be used for the Tution fees , stationery and books. For One child it costs 120 Euros per year for Tuition fees. Additional books and Stationery come to 50 Euros a child. Thank you for your support
A donation amount of €100.00 was requested for the following needs:Tuition fees for 20 children €100.00