managed by Magdaline A. N.
The Women’s Agricultural and Rural Development Association (WARDA) is a non- governmental organization with Reg. No:062/G.37/D14/VOLII/SAAJP of the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation working in Cameroon. Since its creation in 2014, the organization has been working with women/youths, children, government bodies and intergovernmental bodies in the promotion of community’s welfare. It works to identify the need of the women/youths and children especially those in the rural areas, the underprivileged and the weaker section (s) of the society through participatory approach.
- To achieve food security established in the 1974 World Food Conference, at the individual, household, national, regional and global levels.
- To meet future food needs and fight against hunger and malnutrition
- To make known the importance and role of the rural women in the enhancement of agricultural and rural development and eradication of rural poverty.
- To assist the needy women/youths and children irrespective of tribe, Origin, sex, religion, in the domain of social welfare.
- To improve agricultural productivity and ensure economic, social, political and agricultural growths to benefit the poor living in rural areas and fight against poverty.
- To protect the woman/youth and child from sexual exploitation and excess labour.
- Assist women/youths and children in prisons, orphanages, centres for the disabled and street children.
-Organize Woman/Youth leadership Training and Exchange Programmes
-Actively take part in the prevention of HIV/AIDS especially in children/youths and women.
WARDA’s Mission: To promote the indispensable importance of the rural woman through exhibitions, giving of prizes to exceptional rural women or women's groups, promote gender equality and women’s empowerment, promote human values through advocacy and community out-reach programmes, based on non-formal/formal education and vocational training initiatives for vulnerable women/youths and children in view of building a sustainable community with improved standards of living. The main goal being to enhance their opportunities to realize their full potentials and capabilities.