managed by Fr. Iruthayaraj T. (Communication)
The vision of the Dalit Catholic Church, Diocese of Tamil Nadu is to set up the Kingdom of God among the Dalits and to empower them as equal citizens of the world.
The primary mission of the Dalit Catholic Church is to spread the message of Jesus Christ, found in the four Gospels, and to administer sacraments that aid the spiritual growth of its members. To further its mission, the Church operates social programs and institutions. These include schools, colleges, universities, hospitals, missions, and shelters, as well as Relief Services and Dalit Catholic Charities that help the poor, families, the elderly, and the sick.
• proclaim the word of God, to celebrate the sacraments, and to exercise the ministry of charity among the Dalits.
• To conduct prayers and retreats.
• To build churches and give pastoral care to the dalits.
• To foster appreciation of all religions and promote religious harmony among the people.
• To provide educational opportunities for total development of Dalit children and youth.
• To liberate Dalit men and women from the clutches of bondage and exploitation.
• To make professional education accessible to the Dalits; establish institutions of higher learning in Medicine, Engineering, Nursing; and to establish institutions for Teachers Education and Technical Education.
• To establish hospitals to supplement Medical Education.
• To establish Dalit Universities to maintain the standard of education.
• To identify potential leaders among Dalits, infuse in them the thirst for equality and dignity and equip them to strive towards it.
• To promote the thirst for social justice and human rights among the grass roots.
• To educate and motivate Dalit youth through Leadership Training camps in order to utilize their potential to create a new society free of discrimination and exploitation.