managed by O. Kashkarova
The creation of a meeting place, open to everyone that is aimed at the harmonious development of individuals and the creation of a community of like-minded people who will work to improve society.
THE HOUSE IS:
· a community of people who share the philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi “Be the change you want to see in the world”, who are putting it into practice.
· a place for spiritual, psychological and physical healing through simple work, healthy foods, fresh air and life in harmony with nature.
· resource for all-round development through various programmes, exchange of knowledge and putting acquired knowledge into practice.
· a place to inspire and implement a variety of initiatives, which are beneficial to society: cultural, ecological, educational, peace-building, social, etc.
· an initiative, inspired by the activity of the international NGOs “Initiative of Change” (www.iofc.org) and “Foundations for Freedom” (www.f-4-f.org). We follow the principles and philosophy of these two organisations.
Baranivka village is situated in the Poltava region of Central Ukraine, between Ukraine’s two biggest cities, Kiev and Kharkiv. The region was described poetically by the famous Ukrainian writer Gogol in his colourful description of life in the nearby villages of Dikan’ka and Sorotchintsy. Baranivka is surrounded by beautiful nature – hills, an apple orchard, forests, and the Psiol river. In summer, the air is laden with the smell of thyme, wild strawberries, tarragon and recently mown grass.
WHO ARE WE?
We are active young people who are ready to give time and energy not only to building a House, but also to practising and spreading the philosophy of “improving the world by improving ourselves”.
FRIENDS OF THE PROJECT
From the very beginning of the project, our House started receiving visitors and support not only from Ukrainians, but also from far beyond. Here you may meet people from Australia, Germany, Moldova, Belarus, Russia, France, Netherlands, UK, Sweden, Switzerland, Latvia, Romania and the USA. Individuals have also visited us from far away and “exotic” countries like Ethiopia, Egypt, Lebanon, Malaysia, Vietnam and South Korea.
The House is always open to your initiatives, energy and ideas!
Thank you for your contribution. We will use them for the building of baranivka. Please stay attached to us via www.baranivka.org. Your Baranivka-Team
A donation amount of €50.00 was requested for the following needs:Buzz saw €50.00