Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

1 / 25

Support my educational project for street children in Costa Rica

Ich bin Clarissa und ab August 2018 werde ich für ein Jahr einen entwicklungspolitischen Freiwilligendienst in Costa Rica absolvieren. Dort unterstütze ich das Waisenhaus/ Kinderheim "Hogar de Vida"

Clarissa R. from VISIONEERS e.V.Write a message

My name is Clarissa and I am 26 years old. 
From August 2018 on I will be volunteering for an amazing project called "Amor en la Calle" in San José, Costa Rica. This wonderful organization has set the goal to fight poverty, to give children a safe place, provide them with Basic needs and a new home. Moreover it wants to enable a reintegration into society by education. 
For one year I will have the unique opportunity to teach English to children who live on the margins of society. By that, I hope to enable them a better future and the possibility to escape from their situation.

While the German development ministry (Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (BMZ)) is covering 75% of the costs (incl. transport, accomodation, food, insurance, seminars,...), the remaining 25% have to be financed by my German sending organization VISIONEERS e.V., a non-profit association.  I want this to be a lasting opportunity on both ends and I'm therefore supporting Visioneers in the collection of donations. In my case, 25% amounts to 3000€ (~ $3.500), i.e. ~ $290 per month. 
This is where I need your help. If you agree that education is a promising means to enable a better future, I'd be more than grateful if you decided to support my mission with a small donation via the link below. Every dollar helps :)

Help me to reach my aim of a more just world - donate now !

Much love

Clarissa