Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

Closed Donate to support my voluntary service in Nagpur!

Fill 100x100 bp1477653993 dsc 6612 1

I'm spending ten months as a weltwärts-volunteer in Nagpur, India. I will join my partner organisation IIYW in various projects in the fields of agriculture, education, environmental protection, health and nutrition.

X. Zimmermann from Deutsch-Indische Zusammenarbeit e. V.Write a message

Hi everyone!

As you all know, I’m spending ten months as a weltwärts-volunteer in Nagpur, India. I will join ongoing projects and hopefully learn a lot from my Indian colleagues.

My partner organisation in India is the NGO Indian Institute of Youth Welfare (IIYW) which is based in Nagpur. Since its foundation in 1973, IIYW has conducted a variety of development projects in the fields of agriculture, education, environmental protection, health and nutrition in order to improve the circumstances of children, adolescents, women and disadvantaged people. Ultimately, IIYW hopes to build a society in which all people can lead secure lives in dignity.

The weltwärts-programme is a development volunteer service funded to 75 percent by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The other 25 percent are paid for by the sending organisation back in Germany (or rather: the volunteer aka me).
This money covers the costs of the seminars, accommodation, food, flights, insurance and flights.

If you’re interested in how I’m doing and what I get up to here in Nagpur you can check out my blog at omgxensational.tumblr.com – I’ll keep you posted.

I would be delighted if you decided to support my voluntary service with a small donation.

Xenia :)

Help to spread this project