Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

Masifunde - Educational projects in South Africa - Donate for volunteering!

Fill 100x100 1467285362 img 4732

Fundraising to support voluntary service for a non-profit organization in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Help me support Masifunde Learner Development and their educational programmes for disadvantaged children in Walmer township. Every euro counts!

Anna-Maria G. from Masifunde Bildungsförderung e.V.Write a message

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela

My name is Anna-Maria Grün, I'm 22 years old and I studied communication sciences at Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz. Since July 2014 I've been working as a volunteer for Masifunde Bildungsförderung e.V. - an organization, which supports educational projects in South Africa. In September 2015 I want to start working as a "weltwärts" -volunteer for Masifunde Learner Development (www.masifunde.org) in South Africa.
To finance this, I need YOUR support. Why? Well, let me explain...

[Why do I need YOUR support?]
To pay for flights, accommodation, food and some pocket money, I need a lot of money. 75% of my stay abroad will be funded by the "weltwärts" program, which is established by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in Germany. The remaining 25% - which is about 2,000 euros - have to be paid by myself. Masifunde Bildungsförderung e.V. is lending me this money for now. But since Masifunde is working as a voluntary association in Germany and all their raised funds go to South Africa, they can't afford that money for me. For this reason, I want to collect the necessary 25% by fundraising. Therefore I rely on external donations and I am thankful for every amount that reaches me.

[Why donate for Masifunde?]
Masifunde's work is driven by the vision of a united society in which everyone is empowered through high-quality education to participate pro-actively and confidently in societal issues and thereby initiating positive change in their own lives and the lives of others. This is the only way to provide equal opportunities in the world. Therefore Masifunde provides sustainable educational support programs for disadvantaged children and young people in Walmer Township, a poor community in Port Elizabeth.

With your donation you support a young woman who stands 100% behind this organization and wants to make a personal contribution for more justice in the world even after the stay abroad. In addition, my job in South Africa will be to generate attention for the project, which will help to find donors and sponsors and that will in the end help financing and extending the work of Masifunde.

About my experiences I report in my blog (annamariagoesweltwaerts.tumblr.com). There you also find further information about me, my project and of course stories and images of things I experience before, during and after my stay.

For further information about the program, my sending agency or my project please visit:
www.weltwaerts.de
www.sage-net.org
www.masifunde.org
www.masifunde.de

Thank you in advance for your time, your understanding and your support!
Kind regards,
Anna-Maria Grün

Help to spread this project