The Bali Caring Community (BCC) is a dedicated group of concerned citizens who have come together to take action and address specific community-related issues affecting the people of Bali. Not all Balinese benefit from the positive effects of tourism - especially those living in remote areas are in need of support. BCC is all about sharing our good fortune and giving back to the community and disadvantaged groups.
For this project, Bali Caring Community (BCC) has partnered with Benjamin Bali Foundation and Yayasan Widhya Asih to conduct regular health checks for children. So far, the programme has screened young evacuees of the Mount Agung volcano eruption, primary school students in remote areas and underprivileged children in orphanages, among others.
The programme includes routine examination of the children's ears, nose, throat, eyes, teeth, mouth and skin. This initiative has been conducted twice a month since 15 July 2017.
In order to implement this project, the following resources/items are needed:
- Support from trained medical personnel such as doctors or nurses.
- Medicines and vitamins for children
- Goodie bag snacks such as milk/juice cartons, biscuits, waffles, etc.
- School supplies such as notebooks, drawing pads, stationery, crayons, small toys, etc.
- Milk for primary school-aged children who need extra nutrition.
- Packets of toothbrushes and toothpaste for children, as well as soap
Would you like to help improve the health of these children? Then donate to this project!