managed by A. Dusch (Communication)
Help Imizamo Yethu e.V. was founded as a German NPO in 2010. We seek to improve the poor living conditions of the people in the South African township Imizamo Yethu/ Hout Bay, located close to Cape Town. Thereby, our projects focus mainly on education. However, other issues are covered as well:
- supporting local educational institutions like kindergardens and schools
- buying teaching materials or funding school attendance
- providing clothes, food and toys
- improving the housing situation
- helping with medical care
- supporting local business start-ups
- supporting other local non-profit organizations which are following the same goals
The projects are coordinated by a Help IY director on site in Hout Bay. At the same time there is a direct communication with the management body in Munich, Germany. As we are working fully voluntarily, each donation inure to the benefit of the people in Imizamo Yethu.
Our intention is unbureaucratic and transparent support on a local level. We are regularly providing information about our current projects here on Betterplace as well as on our Facebook-Page and on our Blog. On the latter, please find the articles of association in German language.
The NPO is officially registered in Stuttgart, Germany. The management body is located in Munich, Germany. Donors resident in Germany receive a donation receipt.