managed by betterplace-Team .. (Communication)
Development Initiative Network (DIN) is a local non-profit organization currently working in the Lower Shire southern region of Malawi. DIN was established in February 2012 to respond to the needs and challenges affecting vulnerable communities in Chikwawa and Nsanje. We believe for change to be effective and sustainable development to materialize, communities need to be the drivers of the process. Our aim is to empower a network of community groups and organizations and ensure they have access to adequate resources and training in order to tackle poverty. Partnering with local, international and government organizations, our programs focus on improving water, sanitation and healthcare, providing access to good quality education and community awareness and addressing food insecurities through rural agricultural development, while tackling climate change.
DIN is registered under NGO Act number: TR/INC-6305.
Our mission is to alleviate poverty and create lasting change in vulnerable communities.
Our vision is a society with equal opportunities for all.
Our objectives are:
1. To promote community education through training and awareness programs on the following issues: gender equality, child marriage prevention, youth development, governance and democracy.
2. To partner with local, international and governmental organizations and link communities with the expertise and resources required to tackle poverty.
3. To improve food security among vulnerable communities through viable agricultural practices, improved storage and management techniques and increase income levels of marginalized groups by establishing agri-business schemes.
4. To empower communities in climate change adaptation strategies with special emphasis on community forestation and risk disaster preparedness.
5. To improve health and WASH standards through the provision of water, sanitation and hygiene resources, establishment of home based care committees and training of community health workers in HIV/AIDS and safe mother programs.
6. To promote access to early childhood, primary, secondary and adult education, improve quality and ensure adequate resources.
The project was cancelled by the organisation Development Initiative Network (DIN). The cancellation of the aid project is effected according to paragraph 7.5.2. of our terms and conditions for organisations and projects without tax advantages.
In case you have any questions you can contact us via email@example.com.