managed by J. Nagler (Communication)
The Mali Initiative is a not-for-profit network of committed individuals and organisations in Mali, Germany and Australia. We aim to provide access to quality education for children of Mali breaking the cycle of poverty.
The Mali Initiative focuses on:
• Facilitating the construction of new classrooms and schools
• Significantly improving and equipping existing classrooms
• Providing teacher training and ongoing support empowering teachers
Our approach is unique because we
• Use local knowledge and networks
• Require community contribution and ownership
• Focus on education sector versus multiple sectors
• Adopt entrepreneurial acumen to deliver social objectives
• Ensure real partnership between local and international individuals
Achievements to date
Since 2004 over US$200,000 has been raised. With these funds
• A primary school was built in 2005
• The school was expanded to include a secondary school in 2006
• The school facilities were improved by adding a library and computer-room in 2007
• A street children education project has been successfully implemented in 2007
The school is considered one of the best in the country will be used for teacher-training in partnership with the local representatives of Ministry of Education.
The registered association "Sterntaler für Afrika e.V." is the responsible organisation for the Mali Intiative in Germany.
Wir können nun Schulmaterial für die ersten 200 Schüler kaufen und danken allen Spendern! Ein neuer Bedarf für die nächsten 200 Schüler wurde bereits eingestellt :)