In this village AHC already build a school and initiated small projects that made a big difference for the development of Anlong Khong.
With this project we want to continue and follow-up these succesful activities.
In 2009 we want to offer Anlong Khong:
- sustainable waterways, made of cement, preventing the village from flooding in the rainy season. the waterways have been dug in 2008, now they need a cement coating to make them last longer.
- more (free) medical care
- English lessons for the teenagers, because speaking English means a more job opportunities in Cambodia's capitol Phnom Penh
- micro credits, to help villagers start a small business
- legal & property rights training, since eviction is very common in Cambodia
- organising the village by installing a village committee, making the community more self-reliant and pro-active against external influences
Anlong Khong has made some very great improvements over the past years, but the villagers are not there yet...with a little bit more help they are ready for a sustainable and self-reliant future. With your help we can give them the opportunities for a better livelihood.