Street Child is looking for individuals hoping to gain valuable experience in the development sector by undertaking an international volunteering role in Uganda. Having very recently launched in Uganda, Street Child is seeking volunteers to support our local partners’ existing projects, as well as help explore the scope for further expansion and development. In Uganda the focus of Street Child and our partner organisations is on supporting the education and protection of children in refugee communities.
Working alongside the Street Child of Uganda team and our local partners, key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the research and implementation of projects; including travel to the field sites where necessary
- Coordinating primary and secondary research at field sites using bespoke methodologies and methods, including appropriate tools for research with children, their communities and other relevant stakeholders
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress of projects to ensure they are on target to reach the outlined timeframes and intended impact
- Liaising and working in collaboration with local partners and stakeholders
Identifying potential local and international funders and writing in depth funding proposals to these organisations as required
- Creating research papers based on data collected from the field which provide recommendations for Street Child and relevant stakeholders; these papers will form the basis for future research and initiatives
- Conducting literature reviews on assigned issues and proposing frameworks for how the issues can be addressed within the Street Child framework
- A strong academic record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely independent and capable of proactive work plan management with minimal support and guidance
- Flexible, adaptable and able to thrive in a startup environment
- Thoughtful, resourceful, reflective, and eager to learn
- Culturally responsive and respectful
- Professional and diligent in presentation and conduct
- Keen interest in understanding and contributing to the development sector
- Successful applicants must be prepared to live and work in very basic conditions.
- A fundraising commitment for the charity is require
-At Street Child we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work and this post is subject to pre-employment checks.
How many volunteers are needed: 1
Listed at: 31-07-2018
Last updated at: 27-06-2019