Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

VISIONEERS Office Costa Rica - The weltwaerts volunteer Annika needs you!

Esterillos Oeste, Costa Rica

VISIONEERS Office Costa Rica - The weltwaerts volunteer Annika needs you!

Esterillos Oeste, Costa Rica

Visioneers has been supporting various regional partner projects in Costa Rica since 2016. To improve local coordination, VISIONEERS will open an office in Quepos. There I will assist during my volunteer service and I need YOUR help!

Annika Mayer from VISIONEERS e.V. | 
Write a message

About this project

¡Hola a todos!
  
My name is Annika, I am 25 years old and in October, after my graduation in Berlin, I can fulfill one of my dreams: I am flying to Costa Rica - a tropical country in Central America - for a weltwärts voluntary service. How exciting! I am already learning Spanish diligently and I am happy to be able to plunge into a new culture.
  
  
Since 2017 I have been involved with VISIONEERS e.- a non-profit organisation in Berlin being my sending organisation. Since 2016, Visioneers has been supporting various regional partner projects in Costa Rica, which are committed to the improvement of human rights, better education for the disadvantaged and the fight against poverty. 
 Here you can find an overview: 
http://www.visioneers.berlin/weltwrts
  
  
 Since 2016, Visioneers has been able to support a growing number of partner NGOs, providing more places for more volunteers. But this also increases the coordination efforts being managed together with the local organisations! To be able to do this efficiently and without major detours, VISIONEERS will open its own office in Quepos, Costa Rica - the "Visioneers Office Costa Rica". This has many advantages: For example, questions and problems can be discussed and solved directly on site, without the inconvenience of time delays. The volunteers have a central contact person on site, there is a fixed location for the weltwärts seminars and the tasks are shared effectively with the office in Berlin. In the long term, the office also aims to become a meeting place for disadvantaged young people like the Visioneers Office Berlin, where they will be supported by targeted programmes. 
And this is exactly where I will be employed as an assistant to the Costa Rican business manager to help establishing the startup. In addition to administrative tasks, I will also support with translations, preparations for weltwärts seminars and language courses for the volunteers.
  
  
In order to be able to realize the project, I need YOUR support! The voluntary service is financed to 75% by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The remaining 25%, however, we volunteers are supposed to fundraise - that is about 3000€. And this is where you come in! Divided among many, the amount is not as big as it sounds at first! The amount helps to cover 25% of the expenses such as my accommodation, the food allowance, the seminars and the flight. 
The full amount is NOT a condition for my voluntary service, but a desired commitment that should strengthen the bond to the project and support Visioneers, who will pay 25% of the costs for my voluntary service from their account.
With a donation YOU can make possible the project "Visioneers Office Costa Rica", which supports and coordinates the wonderful social projects in Costa Rica on site and thus makes Costa Rica a "better place".
   
 For your help I thank you in advance from my heart! 

 Yours, Annika 


Updated at 10. September 2020