Change the world with your donation

Please update your browser

Together with you we want to make the world a better place, for that we need a web browser that supports current web technology. Unfortunately, your browser is rather old and can't display betterplace.org properly.

It's easy to update: Please visit browsehappy.com and choose one of the modern browsers that are showcased there.

Best from Berlin, your betterplace.org-Team

Closed Let rescued children study and play

Mombasa, Kenya

Closed Let rescued children study and play

Mombasa, Kenya

Comment this project

The betterplace.org General Terms of Use apply.

A. Wambua 01 March 2013 at 11:07 PM

Sis. Francisca,
Thanks for wonderful work you are doing at pahali pa usalama also to hear
you did some art work, am sure children enjoyed a lot.
Be blsed and have a wonderful lent season.
Anna
L. van Iersel project manager26 February 2013 at 06:28 PM

This comment responds to this news.

I'm happy to read this. Great activities!
L. van Iersel project manager27 January 2013 at 10:50 AM

This comment responds to this news.

Wonderful that the children enjoy the arts materials so much and at the same time learn from it too! Thanks for the good work and greetings to the children!
A. Wambua 02 November 2012 at 08:49 PM

Hi Sister,
Am really happy to hear the progress and even to note that you are back to the centre.

Anna
A. McCann 01 November 2012 at 09:37 PM

hi Sister Francesca
EVA from Ireland and was wondering how all the children are
I was wondering how Brigid and Samuel and Joseph are and are they still at the centre Eva
L. van Iersel project manager01 November 2012 at 04:55 PM

This comment responds to this news.

Thanks Sr. Francisca for the new pictures and update! It's great to read that you're continuing with your good work for the children!
L. van Iersel project manager17 August 2012 at 12:46 PM

This comment responds to this news.

Dear Sr. Francisca. Thank you for the regular updates and for your work for the children! I'm very happy to read about all the things that Mahali pa Usalama got from the Betterplace donations! The rescue centre is doing great work and I'm happy that Betterplace donations give the children more opportunity to play and learn during their stay at the centre!
L. van Iersel project manager16 July 2012 at 09:31 PM

This comment responds to this news.

Thanks Sr. Francisca! I'm so happy to hear this great news!
A. Wambua 22 March 2012 at 10:36 PM

Sr Fransisca,
Am happy that your desires has been met God will always give you the grace and favour. I also thank the betterplace org.to have put your project known for assistance and donations.
A. Wambua 09 March 2012 at 11:33 PM

Hi Sr Fransisca,
Am happy to hear the progress at the centre and the goodies they received from the well wishers. Be blsed

Anna
A. McCann 28 February 2012 at 06:19 PM

hi Sister

Aoife here and delighted to hear all the children
Loved to hear about the great day they had coming into Lent
Trying to give up chocolate myself difficult !!
I ma in good form and looking forward to seening you all in June
Aoife
A. McCann 31 January 2012 at 03:26 PM

Hi Sister Francisca
Aoife here and got back home alright and the weather here is freezing. Am missing the good weather and the children so hope all is well with you all See you all in the Summer Aoife
A. Wambua 18 January 2012 at 09:48 PM

This comment responds to this news.

Sister Fransisca, am happy for the good work you are doing and Glory be to God.
F. KAMELI project manager12 January 2012 at 09:52 AM
please where is the question asked by an interested bettrplace friend said to be in the project profile page?
F. KAMELI project manager08 January 2012 at 02:24 PM
show funded needs please
A. Wambua 28 December 2011 at 10:13 PM

This comment responds to this news.

Great Sis. Fransisca for the good work you are doing the children. hope you enjoyed the Christmas with me i was in shimbahills otherwise l would have been with you but Efa represented me fully. be blsed and have a wonderful new year 2012
A. Wambua 20 December 2011 at 10:15 PM

This comment responds to this news.

I was happy when l saw children swinging and enjoying themselves especially Otieno
A. Wambua 20 December 2011 at 10:10 PM

This comment responds to this news.

I wish to thank the donors to have intervened because l personally so the need for net and matresses
A. McCann 22 August 2011 at 08:48 PM
I have been a volunteer at Mahali pa Usalama and enjoyed teaching and the interaction with the children. I took them on their annual day out to Wild Waters Kenya which was a great success. These children deserve support because they lack basic things like footballs, mosquito nets, books, sheets, games etc.
V. Mbabazi 19 August 2011 at 03:57 PM
Why do you think the project deserves to be supported?

I'm a psychological counselor accompanying the children towards their personal healing. children have shown big change after their therapy and they have reconstructed their wounded personalities. we improvise both humanistic, behavioral and cognitive application.
R. Muliro 19 August 2011 at 03:37 PM
Why do you think the project deserves to be supported?

I work as a driver for the Mahali pa Usalama centre. I'm happy to work with the children. I take them on trips and sometimes I have to take them to the hospital, home visits, to the court, etc. They sing for me and enjoy playing football with me. They deserve support.
V. Mbithe 19 August 2011 at 03:23 PM
Why do you think the project deserves to be supported?

I'm a house mother at Mahali pa Usalama rescue centre. I'm happy about the children and how we are taking care of them. They are wonderful people to stay with. We kindly request for play materials and study materials because we don't have much at the moment.
A. Kulumba 19 August 2011 at 02:34 PM
i visited mahali pa usalama rescue centre. It is a nice place. Children are safe and happy. They are well healthy. So the environment is nice for them. I congratulate the sisters for their service. It really helps the children.
L. van Iersel project manager19 August 2011 at 02:21 PM
I have visited the Mahali pa Usalama rescue centre and was very impressed with their work. These children all have big problems but are all very friendly and cheerful. The sisters are wonderful with the children and the centre is a nice and safe place for the children to stay. The children can't leave the centre though, for their safety. So the children are inside the centre all day, and really need more to do. They really need some play materials and study materials so they can do something useful and have fun.
A. Wambua 19 August 2011 at 02:14 PM
I have been volunteering to teach the children. They're good. The sisters are very cooperative. They are very well fed and they are pleasant to work with. It is worth funding. They need something to keep them busy. The children are ready to learn.