Our scholarship for DANNY ENRIQUE CALIZ TREMINO
University: Universidad de Managua (UdeM) in Managua
Career: Computer Science (part-time on weekends)
Study period: since 2015
Donation target: Financing of the full scholarship (12 x 80 €) for 2020
About Danny: Danny is a young man from Tipitapa, a suburb of the capital Managua, who has been receiving a scholarship from Puente Nica since 2015 to finance his studies in computer science at the Universidad de Managua.
Danny is a very open-minded, friendly person who was interested in technology and IT at an early age.
To support his family (his parents, wife and siblings), who depend on his income, Danny has been working for a low wage in a textile factory since leaving school. The wages are enough for the family, but not for studying.
Despite his long working days, Danny volunteers in the library project at Casita del Árbol - especially with everything that has to do with technology.
About the career: Danny attends very extensive courses in the areas of web development, handling databases and much more. With this broad education in the digital field, Danny has a good chance of a job that financially protects him and his family. We are impressed by Danny's commitment and we promote him with enthusiasm!
About the scholarship "Enrique Schmidt" in Nicaragua
Who and how do we sponsor?
- Financially weak Nicaraguans
- With the same qualification women and applicants from rural areas are preferred
- The scholarship holders are socially involved
- 80 € / month: enrollment fees, travel, copying, study materials, lunch
- We are currently supporting 8 young Nicaraguans (Martha - Nursing; Jexson - Medicine; Katherine - Zootechnology; Isamar - Pharmacy; Amelia - Engineering; Darling - Translation; Eymie - Education, Languages, Physics; Danny - Computer Science)
How is this funded?