Our scholarship for Martha Elena Mejía Caballero
University: Universidad Autónoma Nicaragüense (UNAN) in León
Study period: 2016 to 2021
Donation target: Financing of the full scholarship (12 x 110 €) for 2020
About Martha: Martha is a very dedicated, cheerful young woman whose dream is to help sick people in her medically underserved community and is already volunteering in a health center in her hometown. She herself has been struggling with health problems since she was 9 years old: a weak heart valve limits her physical capacity and forces her to undergo regular treatments.
Family: Martha's parents worked for a long time as farmers, but only just managed to get by with the income of agriculture. By now, her mother works at home, grows food for their own needs, looks after her siblings (6 and 14 years old) and her grandmother, while her father has a low-paid job in a company that packs bananas for shipping.
About Marthas Studies: Martha pursues her nursing studies with great success. Her last semester she finished with a GPA of 98 (out of 100).
After completing her studies, she would like to gain further education in gynecology and obstetrics and become involved in the field of women's health. We are convinced of this desire, impressed by Martha's commitment and enthusiastically support her!
About the scholarship "Enrique Schmidt" in Nicaragua
Who and how do we sponsor?
- Financially weak Nicaraguans
- With the same qualification women and applicants from rural areas are preferred
- The scholarship holders are socially involved
- 110 € / month: enrollment fees, travel, copying, study materials, lunch
- We are currently supporting 8 young Nicaraguans (Martha - Nursing; Jexson - Medicine; Katherine - Zootechnology; Isamar - Pharmacy; Amelia - Engineering; Darling - Translation; Eymie - Education, Languages, Physics; Danny - Computer Science)
How is this funded?