“Everywhere where people are beginning to make their cities more socially and environmentally sustainable, it is essential to have a vibrant centre. We need places to meet, spaces and occasions for people to be invited, to connect and to support each other. We need experience, methods and good examples.” (translated from https://bonnimwandel.de/uber-uns/)
In the last weeks and months we built the Tannenbusch House as a community centre. These are some of the aspects that we achieved since the project started in May 2017:
- Building local connections with people and organizations in Tannenbusch
- holding approximately 60 events (networking, workshops, courses) with 10-15 participants on average
- 10 overnight guests during COP23 and after
- 2 permanent residents since August
- 1 Fundraising-Party with 70 guests and 3 live bands
IN THE TANNENBUSCH HOUSE,
it is our intention to bring together people from all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. We invite everyone
- to develop new skills and discover their own abilities and potential.
- to come together in an inspiring, safe and supportive environment, to shape both our personal and shared futures.
OUR CURRENT ACTIVITIES AND OFFERS
Cultural Dinner (every Sunday)
Deep ecology, resilience and other transtion topics (Workshops)
Urban Gardening and permaculture (from Spring 2018)
Salsa class (weekly)
Science Cafe (monthly)
OUR GOALS FOR NEXT YEAR ARE (A.O.):
- invite more people and initiatives from Tannenbusch to become part of the project
- build a strong local team and reliable structures
- Offer foodsharing, Urban Gardening and permaculture
- provide a public space for the english-speaking transition-community and other movements (e.g. Teal, U-Lab, Global Shapers, Art of Hosting)
The Tannenbusch House provides the infrastructure, and we as team support everybody with development and implementation of events, as well as promotion and reflection.
WE NEED FINANCIAL SUPPORT,
to consolidate and develop our project. This implies first and foremost to cover our running expenses (rent, heat, insurances). This enables us to make rooms & materials accessible for all, so that everyone can carry out workshops and actively shape our project. The rent currently is 1200 cold, which we can only cover partly ourselves.
With new offers such as urban gardening, food sharing, language courses and offers for refugees, we seek to generate a more positive image and identity of Neu-Tannenbusch.
For this reason we especially welcome monthly donations to have security and peace of mind.
Oppelner Str 69 53117 Bonn
Facebook: The Tannenbusch House