Volunt2Thai - Learning and Recreational Center for Disadvantaged Children
offers the children English as a foreign language and general knowledge but also fun, games and exciting activities every day after school, on weekends and especially during the holidays. We urgently need an advanced infrastructure in V2T Village, to ensure that volunteers can fulfill their duties optimally
Needs in June 2017
1) V2T Library needs extra sliding doors with mirror (outside there is a stage/dance lessons and others)
2) 1 laptop for the Volunteers (to be placed in the library)
3) V2T village missing electrical lines, lighting
4) Parking place (we need concrete) should include a shelter (sun, rain) for visitors
5) Construction of a check-in building for newly arrived volunteers
6) 8 bicycles, vehicles for transportation to and from school
7) V2T Language Café needs Chairs and Tables
8) 2 small Sofa for Language Café
9) 2 Doors (with glass front) for the Language Café
10) Wooden Thai style hut, for sleeping outdoors
Volunt2Thai Association which has its headquarters in Vienna
is partner of the independent service center and state aided organization "Weltwegweiser" which is the partner of "Jugend eine Welt" supported by the Austrian Development Agency.Our goals are to give the children self-determined future, teaching them foreign languages coupled with a general understanding of the world along with insights into foreign cultures. This is delivered to current primary school pupils and their parents as well, and will have a positive influence on their development and better their future career chances.
Besides this we preserving Thai farmer’s knowledge about agriculture and land care, nature itself, culture and traditions, inherited through generations, and make this knowledge available for the next generations. We want to promote the exchange of cultures, and give the farmers and their families the opportunity to share their valuable knowledge. This results in, not only a fair additional income to the farmers, but also that negative developments such as the migration of the young generation to the metropolitan areas are stopped. This is important for this economically very poor region.
The fact that the project itself will draw the attention of the general public in Thailand and abroad, potentially also leads to additional economic opportunities for the villages in the long run. The fundamental objective is to ensure that the local children will have the same opportunities for national and international career choice as their peers in the West.