Volunteers work with disabled children between few months and 18 years of age in schools and care facilities. Disabilities range from severe to mild and many of the individuals supported by the project have both mental and physical disabilities. In addition to their disabilities, they only have a very basic understanding of English, therefore volunteers are supported and guided by passionate and expert carers at all times.
Your tasks may include assisting with the personal care of the children, providing specialized attention and helping with physical therapy, feeding, clothing, bathing, and organizing crafts and games for playtime. The range of disabilities found among the children is wide, so volunteers must come prepared to help with both basic life functions and engaging the children in imaginative games.
As a volunteer on the Special Needs Care project, you can expect to get involved with basic sensory activities, life skills learning basic English education, physical movement, or with vocational activities.
You are not required to have any previous experience to join this project, however any volunteers with skills or experience in special needs education and learning is welcomed.
• Working along with staff in hospital, care center and community clinics, providing support to children and young people.
• Providing care, feeding, physical therapy, physical movement activities, basic sensory activities, life skills education, basic spoken English, vocational skills-development, recreation and stimulation, as well as help with cleaning and maintaining facilities.
• Work closely alongside the center staff to promote better health and well-being outcomes, while engaging in a cross-cultural learning exchange with the people you are working with and caring for.
• Assisting local staff in providing rehabilitation exercises and therapeutic treatments, feeding and washing up, playing educational games with the children, organizing music and arts activities, supporting renovation work like painting murals, helping to develop fundraising initiatives to ensure on-going funding for your placement, and teaching English to local staff.
• Help and accompany to hospitals and clinics for consultation, and treatment with follow up services.
Please note: We are not a funded organization to support cost such as food stay, travel , insurance, visa nor reimbursement etc.
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 15
Angelegt am: 19.04.2019
Letzte Änderung am: 19.04.2019