Volunteer in Asia on this economic and community development initiative to work alongside 40 families, aiming to preserve their values, culture and environment, while building sustainable livelihoods for themselves. The community's families, with the support of NGOs, started a forestry project which grew to incorporate organic gardening, small dairy processing factories, jam making and ecotourism. The initiative is now supported by scientific research projects, which aim to preserve the flora, fauna and cultural specialism of the area. You will be placed in the rural district of Krishnagiri, in Sesurajapuram village and its surrounding villages, of Tamilnadu state, about 85 kms from Bangalore city. You will be flying to Bangalore international airport and pick up by our staff to village after one or two days of stay in Bangalore city if required only. You may also get opportunities to work Bangalore city based projects too. However, it depends on the project requirements, your volunteering destinations will change.
Why choose this project?
With a wide range of activities taking place, volunteers not only offer an extra pair of hands, but also share ideas and expertise with the local teams and the community. Volunteers benefit from being able to experience first-hand the challenges facing communities and projects trying to adhere to sustainable economic approaches. This is a great addition to your CV / Resume, especially if you have been studying a related subject.
Role of the volunteer
• Volunteers will be involved in a range of activities, which will be determined by the needs of the project at the time of your placement, plus your skills and interests, but may include:
• environmental education for local children
• Forestry research of non-timber industry resources, such as orchids, medicinal plants etc.
• organic gardening - planting, clearing and harvesting organic plants to support local women
• agriculture and reforestation on family farms
• Community focused tasks, such as maintaining camping trails, developing composting systems, maintaining the camping area etc.
• food processing - marmalade / jam or cheese production
• Volunteers will also find themselves participating in social events, sporting activities and festivals that are important to the community.
• There are no specific skills required to participate in this project.
Further details or reserve your seats, please submit your application online immediately.
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 10
Angelegt am: 12.06.2018
Letzte Änderung am: 12.06.2018