As a volunteer on the Medical project, you have the unique opportunity to work under the supervision of practicing medical professionals within modern private hospitals. You can choose from a wide range of specialties and have first-hand access to the daily duties of leading doctors and nurses working in that field. Departments that volunteers choose from can include pediatrics and neonatal, imaging and radiology, emergency and critical care, oncology, cardiology and cardiac surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, gastroenterology, urology, gynecology, Medicine, Rural public health and clinics, occupational therapy, Rural public health and clinics, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Midwifery, transplant surgery and one of the country's largest and most advanced dialysis practices.
If you're considering a future in this field of work, volunteering will give you the skills and hands on experience you need. You'll build your confidence and understanding, medical and healthcare system in India, rapport with local staff and make sure that your CV really stands out.
• Shadow and observe local dentists and experience their daily routine
• Raise awareness of the importance of oral hygiene during outreach work
• Participate in a case study project comparing and your home country’s dental practices
• Encourage an understanding of medical practices and promote an exchange of medical knowledge
• Shadow nurses and observe their work with patients in different hospital departments
• Do basic health checks for the community during medical outreaches in rural areas
• Run educational health campaigns on disease prevention and treatment methods
• Promote awareness of non-communicable diseases
• Improve access to basic healthcare for disadvantaged groups
• Observe doctors and nurses as they work with patients who suffer from a range of conditions
• Help doctors and nurses perform basic health checks on medical outreaches
• Spend time in the different departments of a general hospital
• Visit a hospital specialising in traditional Ayurvedic medicine
• Attend workshops that teach you basic medical skills, like measuring blood pressure levels
• help with medical outreach at a community centre.
• spend time learning directly from doctors and nurses, and gain insight into the healthcare challenges people
Please note: We are not a funded organization to support volunteers cost such as food stay, travel , insurance, visa etc.
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 15
Angelegt am: 12.06.2018
Letzte Änderung am: 19.04.2019