Join our Midwifery and Maternity internship in Bangalore-India and learn more about midwifery practices in a developing country by shadowing midwives at work. You’ll encounter conditions that you’ll have only read about in textbooks before, and spend time in maternity units at hospitals. This means you’ll gain insight into all aspects of care for new mothers and babies.
This is a great way to add valuable experience to your CV and prepare for your future career as a midwife. You’ll also learn new skills at our medical workshops and take part in our community outreaches. On these outreaches, you’ll do practical health checks, which assist those who don’t have regular access to basic healthcare.
You’ll live and work in the rural and towns and stay with a local host family. You’ll have the opportunity to explore the tourist sites in your leisure time, and take part in social events with other interns and volunteers.
Activities will vary according to your midwifery placement you’ve chosen in India. In general, you will spend your day observing midwives, doctors, and nurses at work. You’ll shadow staff in different maternity units, ranging from prenatal to theatre and labour. This is an exciting opportunity to gain insight into all aspects of maternity and child care.
On medical outreach days, you’ll get to take part in more practical work. Here you’ll help to take vital signs such as blood pressure or blood sugar, dispense medication and food, and assist wherever needed. This is important work that provides basic medical care in disadvantaged communities.
• Observe midwives as they go about their daily work in different maternity units
• Take part in medical outreaches which benefit the local community
• Learn from local doctors and gain new skills at medical workshops
• Learn about traditional Ayurvedic medicine, an alternative healthcare practice
• You can rotate through some of these Obstetrics and Gynaecology units Prenatal, Labour and Antenatal.
• Shadow professional nurses and doctors during ward rounds and consultations
• Spend time in different hospital departments
• Attend medical lectures or workshops
• Get hands-on experience while helping people at medical outreaches
• Shadow medical staff as they consult and treat patients in a state hospital
• Provide free basic healthcare in underprivileged areas of community
• Raise awareness about the prevention and treatment of common illnesses
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 15
Angelegt am: 12.06.2018
Letzte Änderung am: 19.04.2019