It is estimated that more than 400,000 -500,000 street children across India as of today and this keeps multiplying day after day. The focus of this project is to take these children away from the streets and from their working place in order to give them a chance to live a decent and accepted standard of life. The volunteers will have to put in effort and support the project to place as many of these children in centers, boarding schools and day-care shelters etc. and help them return to the regular schooling system, where they are provided vocational education and training skills that would help them find a decent job in the future and keep them away from exploitation.
The aim of the day care, street children and Kindergarten project in Bangalore surrounding is to give young students a good start to learning the English language. Kindergartens are typically associated and housed within primary schools and you will be working in the junior classrooms of schools throughout Bangalore-India.
You can expect to assist local teachers with basic teaching and caring for children aged from 3 to 6 years-old. Classroom activities include; familiarizing children with the English alphabet, playing word and picture association games, art-based learning, leading exercises based on songs and rhymes, supporting teachers with sports and physical games, and helping at meal times.
You can work in centers such as Day care, Kindergarten, home for the street kids, home for the underprivileged girls, and Montessori schools.
• Playing games, helping with handwriting, feeding the children, communicating with the children, and any other tasks as required
• Set up fun preschool activities, provide care & a safe environment for play, engage positively with the children & be a role model
• Assist the children at meal times, visit slums with your guide, assist in delivering nutritious meals
• Develop educational activities & games, show love, care and affection.
• assist in developing their English language skills while engaging in a cross-cultural exchange.
• helping students to improve their vocabulary, spelling, pronunciation and general knowledge of the English language.
• plan and run informal English lessons run by the local team and a project coordinator will assist you during these lessons.
Please note: We are not a funded organization to support cost such as food stay, travel , insurance, visa nor to offer reimbursement of any cost.
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 15
Angelegt am: 12.06.2018
Letzte Änderung am: 19.04.2019