The aim of this teaching and assisting in school’s program is to help lay the foundations for a better future for each child by providing a solid educational base for students. Volunteers will teach and assist local teachers across a range of subject matter, with a particular focus on the English language. As a busy tourism city, skills in English are seen as integral for future employment prospects. A solid education can lay the path out of poverty for many, with volunteers greatly assisting on this road.
The aim is to create a playful environment and enhance the creativity of children through painting, playing games, singing etc. Volunteers working with pupils in classes 1-12 will assist teachers in delivering the English and mathematics syllabus, alphabets, counting, days of the week, months of the year, manners, writing practice etc. Volunteers will also help to deliver hygiene and environmental education. Volunteers will spend their time assisting the local teacher with daily activities, and will spend time teaching and playing with the children.
As a volunteer on our Teaching English project you will play an integral part in providing free English lessons to adults and children so they can learn the language. The ability to speak English gives Guatemalans a genuine opportunity to find work and build a career in tourism, business, or teaching.
If you're someone who is interested in teaching a variety of age groups, and have a strong understanding of the English language - this project is for you!
• Help the teacher with the planned classroom activities
• Assist with the delivery of a range of academic subjects
• Converse in and teach basic English to the children
• Play games and read to the children in English
• Help the children complete projects
• Teach independently or with a partner, work in schools, community groups or one-to-one, be a role model for the children
• Helping students to improve their vocabulary, spelling, pronunciation and general knowledge of the English language.
• Raise awareness of the need for regular schooling, teaching small groups of children, tutoring local students, setting up workshops
• Assisting local teachers and organizing educational games and activities.
Please note: We are not a funded organization to support volunteers cost such as food stay, travel , insurance, visa etc.
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 15
Angelegt am: 12.06.2018
Letzte Änderung am: 19.04.2019