The aim of this project is to help create a compassionate and friendly atmosphere for the elderly. In the communities where we work, elderly people are from low-income families and they rely on local service organizations even for their basic needs. Unfortunately, most of these organizations are extremely underfunded and international volunteers are a great source of manpower and support for these organizations and communities.
This project is well suited to caring volunteers who are interested in working with the Elderly in nursing homes and senior centers in and around Bangalore-India.
When volunteering on this project you can expect to provide one-on-one attention, basic healthcare, and socialize with senior citizens. You may also organize recreational activities or assist with medicine distribution and meal preparation. Some volunteers have even created exercise programs, song and dance activities, and arts and crafts projects.
This project is open to all volunteers, and prior experience working with the elderly is not required as you will be working alongside our local placement staff.
• Provide encouragement, protection and assistance to elders with limited resources or those facing abandonment
• Interact, learn from and provide care to elders in a local community center.
• Take part in recreational activities, including art workshops, yoga, singing, adapted gymnastics, hairdressing, podiatry and professional psychological assistance.
• Created exercise programs, song and dance activities, and arts and crafts projects.
• Work alongside local staff members and nurses to assist with medicine distribution and meal preparation
• Volunteer work varies by location but can include recreation and stimulation, feeding, physical therapy, help with cleaning and maintaining facilities.
Please note: We are not a funded organization to support volunteers cost such as food stay, travel , insurance, visa or no any kind of reimbursement etc.
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 15
Angelegt am: 12.06.2018
Letzte Änderung am: 19.04.2019