Dates: July onwards (Flexible)
Duration: 5-12 weeks
Street Child is seeking volunteers to support our local partners’ existing projects, as well as help explore the scope for further expansion and development. In Uganda the focus of Street Child and our partner organisations is on supporting the education and protection of street-connected children and children in refugee communities.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to –
● Overseeing the research and implementation of projects; including travel to the field sites where necessary
● Coordinating primary and secondary research at field sites using bespoke methodologies and methods, including appropriate tools for research with children, their communities and other relevant stakeholders
● Monitoring and evaluating the progress of projects to ensure they are on target to reach the outlined timeframes and intended impact
● Liaising and working in collaboration with local partners and stakeholders
● Identifying potential local and international funders and writing in depth funding proposals to these organisations as required
● Creating research papers based on data collected from the field which provide recommendations for Street Child and relevant stakeholders; these papers will form the basis for future research and initiatives
● Conducting literature reviews on assigned issues and proposing frameworks for how the issues can be addressed within the Street Child framework.
We have identified that out of school children is one of Uganda’s main development issues, particularly those in marginalised communities. This placement is a unique opportunity to make a critical contribution to an organisation that is setting up and scaling its efforts in an extraordinary country.
● A research degree with a strong academic record
● Excellent written anverbal communication skills
● Extremely Independent and capable of proactive work plan management with minimal support and guidance
● Flexible, adaptable and able to thrive in a start-up environment
● Thoughtful, resourceful, reflective, and eager to learn
● Culturally responsive and respectful
● Professional and diligent in presentation and conduct
● Keen interest in understanding and contributing to the development sector
Wie viele Helfer benötigt werden: 1
Angelegt am: 10.04.2018
Letzte Änderung am: 15.01.2019